Style changes for 3.2 ProSilver

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
mrgtb

Style changes for 3.2 ProSilver

Post by mrgtb »

Link removed
Last edited by mrgtb on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Meis2M

Re: Style changes for 3.2 ProSilver

Post by Meis2M »

any demo?

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

No, I took the forum down after testing the style. As I run a live private phpBB 3.1.x forum as my main forum

You can always install phpBB 3.2 RC1 and then install the theme to see it.

MaFeSa

Post by MaFeSa »

Great job, I like it very much!

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Glad you like it, and I use the style with my phpBB 3.1 forum and it's not a style I only just created. It was created 12 months ago for 3.1 for my site only and decided to convert it over to 3.2. I have posted a screen-shot now of what it looks like used on my 3.1 forum with "a different logo" in first first to give people an idea of what it looks like.

some points worth noting about it.

1. reading and writing posts uses a bigger font than the default smaller one.
2. The white hover colour is used in all places like online list, forum listings, e.t.c. Rather than using different hover colours in different areas to match up better throughout the whole forum.
3. ProSilver itself was changed to give it a more modern FLAT look for todays styles liked... by doing away with most of the gradient images recoloured flat used for header and other forum areas.

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Added a demo board, check link added in first post

No email activation is required if you want to join it and test things out playing around

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Updated download in first post after making a small change to make sub-hover for quick jump menu white in colour, as 3.1 doesn't use hover colour for quick jump menu and only link styling. Missed that before with 3.2

Mess

Post by Mess »

I like it. Well done. :-)

I don't know why you would post it here though, or what makes this different than the styles posted in the style forum in the main forum?

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

The styles forum on phpBB.com says for 3.1, they don't have a styles forum setup for 3.2 yet and why I listed it on this development forum instead to test out.
Last edited by mrgtb on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

You cannot upload ZIP files to 3.2 styles development forum on phpBB.com.