Member managing tool?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Stringence

Member managing tool?

Post by Stringence »

In phpBB ACP there's no feature to manage members.

They forget their logins, e-mails, passwords, or all of it. I can't find them in ACP and help when there are problems. Nor can I sort out spam and "invading" members. More than 15 members, and you've lost control. All I can do is ask members to create new logins.

Any plans on creating this kind of feature? I expect it requires a lot of work to make it?

phpBB users and members that don't know anything about programming or databases, are increasing rapidly, so these problems will be escalating too.

janus

Re: Member managing tool?

Post by janus »

What do you need more??
https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/memberlist.php (find a member)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Or
Noname.jpg
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Stringence

Post by Stringence »

Missed the Search form in Find member. One problem solved.

So how do I make a file or a print out of all members and all data about members, in my Forum?

janus

Post by janus »

Use the export function off phpmyadmin from the users table

Stringence

Post by Stringence »

Where do I find phpmyadmin?

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

phpmyadmin is a database management tool and is not part of phpBB. He wants to say that you can export your user-data only by use of a external tool (phpMyAdmin or similar provided by your host); there is no function within phpBB
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Stringence wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:09 am In phpBB ACP there's no feature to manage members.
Except for the big tab labeled Users & Groups
Stringence wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:09 am They forget their logins, e-mails, passwords, or all of it. I can't find them in ACP and help when there are problems. Nor can I sort out spam and "invading" members.
They forget their e-mails? That isn't your problem. They forget their passwords? There's a password reset feature for that. Spam and "invading" members? That's what the Spambot Countermeasures section of the ACP is for (as well as extensions and MODs).
Stringence wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:09 am Any plans on creating this kind of feature? I expect it requires a lot of work to make it?
Not really since it all already exists for phpBB.
Stringence wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:09 am phpBB users and members that don't know anything about programming or databases, are increasing rapidly, so these problems will be escalating too.
phpBB members and users have never needed to "know anything about programming or databases". That's partly why so many web hosting companies include phpBB in their 1-click app installers.
Has an irascible disposition.

Stringence

Post by Stringence »

So, you're telling me all is perfect, but I still have to use an external tool (phpMyAdmin) to get a simple list?

What I'm after with such a list, is being able to quickly read through all members info in one go, instead of looking them up one by one in ACP as today. To better find spam. "Spambot Countermeasures" in ACP doesn't stop all intruders. I use Q&A CAPTCHA, but some slip through anyway.

It's really all about management of the board, keeping it tidy and working, with a minimum of time and trouble. That's all.

Nevertheless, I have my answer - phpBB is not capabale of doing what I need done, and you don't seem interested in changing things to the better.

That's your prerogative, all I can do is argue my case, and ask for improvements.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

That really sounds more like an extension than something that most administrators have been wanting or needing.