phpBB 3.2.0-b1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Whispere

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b1 released

Post by Whispere »

Yes, I writed to hosting for error log.

Whispere

Post by Whispere »

I writed to the hosting and in server error log there is only this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/hosting/hypok.cz/install/startup.php on line 70
UPDATED!
The error cause function installed_msg_handler(), line 70 is:
$iohandler = $phpbb_installer_container->get('installer.helper.iohandler');

When I added into function echo $msg; exit; like on code below:

function installer_msg_handler($errno, $msg_text, $errfile, $errline)
{
	global $phpbb_installer_container;

if (error_reporting() == 0)
	{
		return true;
	}

switch ($errno)
	{
		case E_NOTICE:
		case E_WARNING:
		case E_USER_WARNING:
		case E_USER_NOTICE:
			$msg = '[phpBB debug] "' . $msg_text . '" in file ' . $errfile . ' on line ' . $errline;

echo $msg;
      exit;

try
			{
				/** @var \phpbb\install\helper\iohandler\iohandler_interface $iohandler */
				$iohandler = $phpbb_installer_container->get('installer.helper.iohandler');
				$iohandler->add_warning_message($msg);
			}
			catch (\phpbb\install\helper\iohandler\exception\iohandler_not_implemented_exception $e)
			{
				print ($msg);
			}
		break;
		case E_USER_ERROR:
			$msg = '<b>General Error:</b><br />' . $msg_text . '<br /> in file ' . $errfile . ' on line ' . $errline;

$backtrace = get_backtrace();
			if ($backtrace)
			{
				$msg .= '<br /><br />BACKTRACE<br />' . $backtrace;
			}

throw new \phpbb\exception\runtime_exception($msg);
		break;
		case E_DEPRECATED:
			return true;
		break;
	}

return false;
}
It displayed:

[phpBB debug] "file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/hosting/hypok.cz/config/../../default/container/services_event.yml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/hosting/hypok.cz:/tmp)" in file /var/www/hosting/hypok.cz/vendor/symfony/config/FileLocator.php on line 60

hubaishan

Post by hubaishan »

In Windows 10, apache 2.4.17, php 5.6.16
  • Mysql 5.6.27
    stopped in 11%
  • postgresql 9.5.1
    run OK very fast

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

hubaishan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:50 am In Windows 10, apache 2.4.17, php 5.6.16
  • Mysql 5.6.27
    stopped in 11%
  • postgresql 9.5.1
    run OK very fast
b2 will have some improvements on trying to prevent server timeouts, but mysql on windows is very slow, nothing we can do about that.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

CHItA wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:58 am b2 will have some improvements on trying to prevent server timeouts, but mysql on windows is very slow, nothing we can do about that.
Seemed to work fine prior to 3.2. So are you ready to respond to the multitude of tickets that will be opened due to the installer not finishing on Windows Server installs with MySQL or can the support team simply say "it's the dev teams fault, talk to them."? Maybe you should just dump mySQL altogether :shock:

I wonder what validators who use windows with XAMPP (or WAMP) will do to install boards for testing extensions now.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

david63

Post by david63 »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:16 am I wonder what validators who use windows with XAMPP (or WAMP) will do to install boards for testing extensions now.
Give up testing :shock:

Not only testing - but what about extension developers, they will have the same problem. I did eventually, after wasting half a day of my life, manage to get my development board updated.

Two things are for sure - I would not want to be on the Support Team when 3.2 is released, and I will not be updating any of my boards in the foreseeable future.

I still cannot understand why database_update.php has been dropped - ever heard of "if it 'aint broke then why fix it?"
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

hubaishan

Post by hubaishan »

CHItA wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:58 am b2 will have some improvements on trying to prevent server timeouts, but mysql on windows is very slow, nothing we can do about that.
Where to download b2 version

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

david63 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:30 am
Not only testing - but what about extension developers, they will have the same problem. I did eventually, after wasting half a day of my life, manage to get my development board updated.

Two things are for sure - I would not want to be on the Support Team when 3.2 is released, and I will not be updating any of my boards in the foreseeable future.

I still cannot understand why database_update.php has been dropped - ever heard of "if it 'aint broke then why fix it?"
I was, just now, able to have the installer complete 100%. It is due to this line in my.ini file

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1
set it to 0 or to 2, restart mysql and the installer should them complete 100%. However, that would seem to be against ACID. http://mablomy.blogspot.com/2010/03/mys ... eally.html

I then set that parameter back and disabled write caching on the hard drive and the installer failed.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

hubaishan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:33 am Where to download b2 version
Very first post of this very topic.

dmzx

Post by dmzx »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:49 am
hubaishan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:33 am Where to download b2 version