A Feature I Would Love to See: Global Setting of Default Notify

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
userwhoforums

A Feature I Would Love to See: Global Setting of Default Notify

Post by userwhoforums »

In my opinion, it's very important for the "Notify me upon replies by default" to be set to "Yes" ...by default... system wide.

( Each user can set it manually, of course.... at: User Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> Edit Posting Defaults --> Notify me upon replies by default: ....and change it to Yes )

I feel like that is very important so that new users, and all users, get notified of replies to whatever they post.... and can be summoned back to continue the conversation and continue participating.

I know there is code you can modify to change this default systemwide for all new users ( https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2119291 ), but I'd love it if it were just an option for the Admin to set to Yes, or No, in one place conveniently.... without any need to modify any code.

Could such a global setting be added to the ACP or somewhere....?

userwhoforums

Re: A Feature I Would Love to See: Global Setting of Default Notify

Post by userwhoforums »

Maybe even..... a checkbox on the registration page. On by default and the user can opt out if he unchecks it.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: A Feature I Would Love to See: Global Setting of Default Notify

Post by DavidIQ »