PHPBB VS vbulletin

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
飒露紫

PHPBB VS vbulletin

Post by 飒露紫 »

I like PHPBB,But I personally think,phpbb than VBB behind a lot, especially in the SEO and interface aesthetics,Moreover,PHPBB nor provide mobile APP, How do you think?
In China, almost no successful site using PHPBB

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: PHPBB VS vbulletin

Post by DavidIQ »

I'm sure all those VB sites in China also have a valid license right? ;-)

Also phpBB 3.1 is mobile friendly so there's no need for an app at all. It's obvious you haven't looked at this site on a mobile device so you should probably do that.

飒露紫

Post by 飒露紫 »

DavidIQ wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 am I'm sure all those VB sites in China also have a valid license right? ;-)

Also phpBB 3.1 is mobile friendly so there's no need for an app at all. It's obvious you haven't looked at this site on a mobile device so you should probably do that.
Most Chinese users to use "Discuz!" , It was a garbage Forum program.
In fact, the pay is not a problem, the problem is not support Chinese language VBB :)
Mobile WEB user experience is not good, So, now very few people use the browser on your mobile device.
I think, PHPBB is fully capable of doing better than VBB, why not do it?

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

The main reason it is not doing as well is because all code changes to phpBB are exclusively by voluntary people. I.e., they are not paid to change the code, they only do it for passion.
On the other hand, vBulletin has dedicated developers to develop the software who are paid.

Based on that, I guess, it becomes obvious on the differences in that realm.