A few notification problems

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
leschek

A few notification problems

Post by leschek »

1. I'm not able to uncheck "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" notification.
    It seems it happens only if emails were never enabled on the board. If I enable emails, change some option in notification settings (I disabled "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" for emails), disable emails on board again I don't have this problem.
  2. If user subscribe topic and check options "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" and "Someone quotes you in a post" in notification setting and someone else quote the first user he/she will get two notifications about the same post.

I think it's linked to issue 1 - if I disable and save "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" notification and enable it again I don't have this issue (even if I disable emails again).
I tested it on phpBB 3.1.3 installed with Quick Install on localhost.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Re: A few notification problems

Post by Paul »

You should report bugs to the bugtracker at http://tracker.phpbb.com

leschek

Re: A few notification problems

Post by leschek »

Well, I wasn't sure that second one is bug and I thought someone can check it. Anyway I created issues here and here.