Extension Management / style management

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
alhitary

Extension Management / style management

Post by alhitary »

Dears,

Why it is not like the bellow pic :-
Manage Ext..jpg
Why should I disable, delete data and enable extension one by one ?
It will be more easy if there is options to make 1 action for more than one extension.

It is available in Style management ( can enable, disable and uninstall more than one style ) but it is not available in Extension management ?

I wish it can be done in Extension too
Last edited by alhitary on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meis2M

Re: Extension Management / style management

Post by Meis2M »

+1

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

alhitary wrote:It is available in Style management ( can enable, disable and uninstall more than one style ) but it is not available in Extension management ?
Because styles don't modify the database and styles don't depend on other styles that modify the database while extensions can actually do both? Besides why would someone be enabling and disabling extensions en-masse?

Either way a big -1.

alhitary

Post by alhitary »

DavidIQ wrote:Because styles don't modify the database and styles don't depend on other styles that modify the database while extensions can actually do both? Besides
So, it is technical/programmatic stuff.
I thought it is maybe done like wordpress plugins which can do one action for many plugins without any problem in database.
DavidIQ wrote:Besides why would someone be enabling and disabling extensions en-masse?
why would someone be enabling and disabling styles en-masse?

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Answering a question with a question does nothing. I can think of no reason that extensions would have to be uninstalled/installed en-masse...unless laziness comes into play.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

alhitary

Post by alhitary »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I can think of no reason that extensions would have to be uninstalled/installed en-masse...unless laziness comes into play.
if it is laziness, why then you make that available in Style management :D ?!!!

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

alhitary wrote:why would someone be enabling and disabling styles en-masse?
No clue. Would you like us to remove that feature then? It's not as dangerous (at all) as doing the same for extensions but if it bothers you that much... ;)

alhitary

Post by alhitary »

DavidIQ wrote:No clue. Would you like us to remove that feature then? It's not as dangerous (at all) as doing the same for extensions but if it bothers you that much... ;)
:lol:

alhitary

Post by alhitary »

Dears,

Why you don't make the disable, delete data and enable extensions by Ajax or something like that. ( no need to reload the page or redirect to a confirmation page ).

something like bellow :-
ajax.jpg
I wish it can be done at least.