Releasing 3.1.3

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Mess

Re: Releasing 3.1.3

Post by Mess »

developer11 wrote:I dont get it - you say that you do not want to wait anymore, but you have not implemented/rejected what has been suggested long ago..... and some features (or plans to implement them) go from one release to next one..... its better to say that sth will not be implemented than doing this......

Thats from me, cheers
The team could use a few more skilled dedicated developers like you. I am very much looking forward to seeing your pull requests.
I think the current team is doing an excellent job. But there is so many feature requests from random people with nothing else than demands to offer, that more hands is always welcome.

I'f I misunderstood and your really not offering your help, I would definitely ask for a refund.
Its obvious you are not happy with the product you have purchased.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty »

developer11 wrote:I dont get it - you say that you do not want to wait anymore, but you have not implemented/rejected what has been suggested long ago..... and some features (or plans to implement them) go from one release to next one..... its better to say that sth will not be implemented than doing this......

Thats from me, cheers
Our problem in the past has been that the list of blocker issues continuously grew, delaying releases for years. The current release policy is designed to get things out quickly after they are ready, instead of waiting for other things to become ready. In others words, it seems to optimize for exactly what you're arguing: a shorter path from RFC to implementation to release.

So I guess I don't get it either.

developer11
I've been banned

Post by developer11 »

Mess wrote:The team could use a few more skilled dedicated developers like you. I am very much looking forward to seeing your pull requests.
I will be more than happy to help but from March 2015 onwards as my contract with current employer ends then.

Honestly, I will be more than happy to help as I love coding........

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

Thank u for releasing and the people who work on this project.
specially thanks to Project manager and 3.1 release manager.

phpBB 3.1 was a revolution in core system i wish the phpBB 3.2 will be a revolution in design .

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

As you might have noticed, real life happened once again.
However, 3.1.3-RC1 is close to being finished and will be wrapped in the next couple of days:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/milestones/3.1.3
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

Nick et al, thanks for the continued efforts and progress, particularly in light of "real life happened".

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to raise this, but ...

I have a significant concern about [PHPBB3-12933] The operator for partial matches does not work - phpBB Tracker which shows Fixed version/s=3.1.3 but Status=Open and Resolution=Unresolved.

As you can see from the comments on the bug report, I cannot understand how this is being classified as Priority=Minor. This is completely different than the behaviour in phpBB 3.0.12 and represents a significant regression, rendering the search function essentially useless in phpBB 3.1. Priority of Minor - "Minor loss of function, or other problem where easy workaround is present". Wildcard search is a very common usage and therefore is a full loss of function and there is no workaround. I would strongly recommend prioritize as either Major or better still, Blocking.

If I haven't been following proper protocol/procedure, how can I help some constructive dialog started about moving forward on resolving this bug report? This is clearly a blocking bug for me to upgrading any of my sites to phpBB 3.1 as my memberships depend on the ability to perform wildcard searches to find existing topics.

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

Thanks again, I see a developer has been assigned to the bug report and there's work in progress. :D

When there is a fix available, I've got a local testbed of one of my sites that I can use for testing. My background is software development, so I know the process well.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

We will start with the RC once 3.0 has been released, to avoid troubles with the merging of 3.0 into 3.1
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

advocatus

Post by advocatus »

The estimated release date hasn't been updated, so I'm hoping that's still on track and not a minor oversight. I must say that I'm really, really excited for this, any and all new releases. This is an amazing piece of software that has single handedly made me interested in developing. You guys are fantastic and I'm so appreciative of what's been accomplished.

I'm gushing, sorry. :oops:

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

it seems phpBB 3.1.3 is 100% complete
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/milestones