FAQ page musdie!

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: FAQ page musdie!

Post by nickvergessen »

Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

As long as pages won't turn up in keyword search results they're pretty much pointless. The FAQ is a good candidate: I can only get the information when I know how to get there, as if this is a library. But it's 2015 and one big benefit of computers is that texts are searchable. I see this so often in MODs/extensions being developed: new features/pages/controls galore, but being able to search on or to filter them is mostly missing.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

While the ability to search static pages would be nice, it's hardly required to make the pages useful. It just makes finding what you want more difficult. After all, libraries are still around. ;)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.