Quick Reply Text Doesnt Carry Over to PostReply

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Alien_Time

Quick Reply Text Doesnt Carry Over to PostReply

Post by Alien_Time »

A few times this has happened to me and I find that annoying. When I start typing inside the Quick Reply Box and if I pressed the 'PostReply' button at the bottom instead of 'Full Editor & Preview' button, the text that were typed inside Quick Reply is not carried over to the Post Reply Page. Is it possible to have the same behaviour as the Full Editor button if someone clicks on PostReply button by mistake after typing something in Quick Reply?

Pony99CA

Re: Quick Reply Text Doesnt Carry Over to PostReply

Post by Pony99CA »

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible -- it's software -- and it seems like a reasonable idea.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Jacob

Re: Quick Reply Text Doesnt Carry Over to PostReply

Post by Jacob »

Well, the obvious answer is that you should hit the 'Full Editor' button. :p

I like having the two choices. If what I have written in the Quick Reply box is ok and I want to see how it looks, I hit "Full Editor & Preview". But sometimes I want to start over, and instead of going through the (minor) hassle of selecting the text and deleting it, I prefer to hit 'Post Reply' and star anew. I do it every once in a while.