Building ACP sections for extensions

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
M.Gaetan89

Building ACP sections for extensions

Post by M.Gaetan89 »

Hi,

I'm working on integrating my website into phpBB3.1 (RC1), and I have a question about building the ACP part.
I am using Board Announcements extension as an exemple.

If I'm not missing anything, they use 3 files to set up the ACP: Now I have trouble understanding the goal of the first file (board_announcements_info.php). Basically, all its information are defined in one of the two others files: The only missing information is module auth. Am I missing something? Why do we have to dusplicate all these informations?
VSE
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: Building ACP sections for extensions

Post by VSE »

Read: https://wiki.phpbb.com/Migrations/Tools ... odule_info

If you look at the migration file, when we install the module, all we are referencing about the module is module_basename and modes. However the database needs to store some more information than just that. When only those two items are in the module install array, the _info file is used to determine the other data to install. This is considered installing a module the "Automatic" way. It makes it a lot easier to install multiple modules and modes.
Has an irascible disposition.