Members list link hidden from guests who have permission to view members list page

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
mrgtb

Members list link hidden from guests who have permission to view members list page

Post by mrgtb »

I installed RC2 DEV build today with changes made to theme and some things moved around to suit it, like members list link now being displayed in footer area. But... if I view my forum as a guest there is no members link to click that I can see taking me to members list page, yet my forum permissions allow guests and bots to view: "Can view profiles, memberlist and online list".

But seems if your logged-in you can see that members list link in footer, but not when logged out. Which shouldn't be the case it being removed if guest permissions allow them to view members list.

RMcGirr83

Re: Members list link hidden from guests who have permission to view members list page

Post by RMcGirr83 »

I installed RC2 DEV build today with changes made to theme and some things moved around to suit it
Is this the case if you hadn't made those edits?
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

mrgtb

Re: Members list link hidden from guests who have permission to view members list page

Post by mrgtb »

Haven't made what edits? My forum has had a full upgrade, all forum files removed using RC1 (except for config e.t.c|), all new files uploaded from RC2 DEV build package and database updated afterwards. No other edits should be required.

Only thing I have noticed after the upgrade, the admin cp still shows as having RC1 version installed to check for new versions. But presumed that didn't change showing RC2 because it's a DEV build.
Last edited by mrgtb on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You state you "moved things around" to suit it which, to me, means that you edited the files from default. My question then is, is this still the case if you hadn't done those edits?

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Didn't say "I moved things around", said they have to accommodate the new style changes. In RC1 the members list is displayed in header navbar, in RC2 DEV it's been moved to footer area, other things have been moved also like Notification moved to right side and not shown on left side - now latest topics drop-down menu is shown their and not as links below navbar anymore.

No, you have it wrong, misread what I meant. I've moved nothing around. You should install RC2 DEV build and look for yourself compared to RC1. You'll see exactly what I mean, the changes made from one to the other since.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

My bad...misunderstood

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

Just a quick question on this, as I know it was fixed in RC2.

"The Team" - link displayed in footer also seems linked in with that same group permission to view "members list and whos online". In that if you stop guests from doing it, then even though "The Team" link is displayed in footer, permission to view that page is denied if guests don't have permission to view members list and who's online. Yet members list link gets removed from footer now, so seems odd The Team link doesn't also seeing as it can't be accessed based on same group permission setting.

Is that correct? Or should The Team link also get removed from footer?

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

I would think that you would always want guests to see who the team consists of, but I could be wrong.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.