Creating phpBB Custom Pages For 3.1

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
keith10456

Re: Creating phpBB Custom Pages For 3.1

Post by keith10456 »

It appears that I need (and I'm sure many others in the community) an extension that creates static pages. Something similar to the Static Pages mod for phpBB 3.0.x.

Admittedly, I'm an extreme case... I have over 900 phpBB custom pages on my site (literally). However, even if someone with a relatively small site that has about 3-7 custom pages, creating the page as an extension seems a bit much. However, I understand the reasoning for proper integration.

That being said, hopefully someone will create a static pages extension.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Well if there was a static pages extension it would just store the information in the database, as it probably does now, and just use the URL rewriting to make it appear to be several different pages.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

DavidIQ wrote:Well if there was a static pages extension it would just store the information in the database, as it probably does now, and just use the URL rewriting to make it appear to be several different pages.
Agreed...

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

keith10456 wrote:It appears that I need (and I'm sure many others in the community) an extension that creates static pages. Something similar to the Static Pages mod for phpBB 3.0.x.

Admittedly, I'm an extreme case... I have over 900 phpBB custom pages on my site (literally). However, even if someone with a relatively small site that has about 3-7 custom pages, creating the page as an extension seems a bit much. However, I understand the reasoning for proper integration.

That being said, hopefully someone will create a static pages extension.
This is the Static Pages mod in action.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

keith10456 wrote:It appears that I need (and I'm sure many others in the community) an extension that creates static pages. Something similar to the Static Pages mod for phpBB 3.0.x.
Aye. Easily in my top 10 of mods.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

There's hope :!: A poll on phpBB.com has been created... "The Extensions Development Team would like to ask you to vote for the next official extension!" The poll includes an option for custom static pages. See here :D

mrgtb

Post by mrgtb »

I wouldn't bother on this, it looks as though that voting poll on phpBB.com is going to be a Pages winner for mod created first. Automod was running away with the vote poll days ago as a clear winner, now pages has steamed ahead.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

mrgtb wrote:I wouldn't bother on this, it looks as though that voting poll on phpBB.com is going to be a Pages winner for mod created first. Automod was running away with the vote poll days ago as a clear winner, now pages has steamed ahead.
That's "AutoGroups", not "AutoMod", and it wasn't really a "clear" winner -- it was leading Pages by about 10 votes. Now Pages is winning by 20+.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.