Will 3.1 be handling it's own 404 pages?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Re: Will 3.1 be handling it's own 404 pages?

Post by MichaelC »

Pete77s wrote:Thing is, it happens with files that have not-a-thing to do with phpbb software. Gonna wait a bit longer maybe it'll get taken are of down eh road, but thanks I'll look into that link you put up.
All urls that don't hit a file match app.php which then sends responses.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

In fact this page already send the 404 response code (this page is generated by a generic exception listener). So this is a custom 404 error page.

EDIT: To complete what MichaelC says, this happens in only too case:
1) If your url is something like http://www.my-forum.com/phpBB/app.php/my/false/file
2) The url rewriting is enabled and the url is something like that http://www.my-forum.com/phpBB/my/false/file
But in both case it happens only if the url is not pointing to a valid file.
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

ForumsFaciles

Post by ForumsFaciles »