Inject code into admin template

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hexplor

Inject code into admin template

Post by hexplor »

Hey Guys,
So I've been looking at changes made into 3.1 branch and I'm impressed. One thing bothers me:

https://wiki.phpbb.com/New_Template_Commands_in_3.1

I have been checking this code and trying to inject some code into my extension template admin interface.

Is it possible for example to inject some external css into admin template without modifying core template ?
That would be a huge advantage. It would allow to create custom admin interfaces within the current template. Is it possible ?

imkingdavid

Re: Inject code into admin template

Post by imkingdavid »

You can use template events to inject code, including INCLUDECSS and INCLUDEJS calls. Check this page and scroll to "Added ACP Template Events". Note that the list may be out of date, so check in the template file where you need an event and do a search for <!-- EVENT to see which events are available in that file. If there is not an event where you need one, you can request it in the [3.x] Event Requests forum (read the sticky). And, if you'd like, you're welcome to create a PR yourself to add the event so that it doesn't just get added to the backlog.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: Inject code into admin template

Post by nickvergessen »

Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM