Google App Engine support

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
olafg

Google App Engine support

Post by olafg »

No longer needed. I have since then replaced just about all deprecated regular expressions with /e modifier, but the total amount of changes is too much for a forum post.

I now have a seemingly working App Engine port of phpbb, sans a few features such as attachment support which I don't need.

Cheers,
Ola.
luya

Re: Google App Engine support

Post by luya »

I also installed phpBB on appengine but I still have some errors. After a user creates account, the whole web site loses styles for that user. I mean, there are no css anymore until they log out. Admin still has a style.
I would like to ask if you encountered such thing? I am new to phpbb and cloudsql, so any opinion would be helpful for me. Thank you in advance. Luya
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Re: Google App Engine support

Post by bantu »

Moved to Discussion as this is not an RFC.

For the record: We are more than happy to accept patches to get rid of eval and friends.