phpBB 3.1 Extensions Cache

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hexplor

phpBB 3.1 Extensions Cache

Post by hexplor »

So.. I've installed latest alpha preview and I absolutely LOVE the extension management. Great work guys. It's gonna be very powerful and popular feature.
However I have one fundamental question. Is there an option to purge extensions cache ? Right now I have following options in extension manager available:
I've installed latest example extensions called Newspage Extension and it works great. I tried to alter some files like: acp/main_info.php or adm/style/newspage_body.html and changes are not reflected on the backend. No matter what. Seems that the only option to update extensions is to "Disable" it first and then "Delete data". Kinda harsh way for frequently updated extensions. I can't imagine developing an extension when i have to "Delete Data" everytime i make changes. So question is: is "Delete data" the only way to purge extension cache or I'm missing something? Thanks in advance for some tips :)

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 3.1 Extensions Cache

Post by nickvergessen »

"Disable > Enable" should do it. If you change the html layout, you just need to purge the cache on the frontpage of the acp
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

For the template cache, you can change the load setting "Re-compile stale template components" to Yes (No by default) and you should not have to purge any cache to see the changes from template files.

Also, when developing, you should enable DEBUG mode (config.php) as it turns off optimizations and makes development much easier.

hexplor

Post by hexplor »

Ahh.. can't believe I forgot about that option (Re-compile stale template components). Thank you all!