Possible phpBB 3.1 buglets?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Pony99CA

Possible phpBB 3.1 buglets?

Post by Pony99CA »

I have two possible phpBB 3.1 buglets.

1. View new posts is showing me posts as far back as October 18, despite the fact that I've read the topics (there's no unread post icon). I did a View new posts Monday and read everything, then many of those read topics showed up yesterday and today.

2. The breadcrumbs seem to have something overlapping them. If I select the breadcrumb area, I can read the text, but it's very difficult to read otherwise. See the attached screen capture.
phpBB Header Overlap.jpg
phpBB Header Overlap.jpg (15.23 KiB) Viewed 11486 times
I'm using IE 8 on Windows 7.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: Possible phpBB 3.1 buglets?

Post by MattF »

Pony99CA wrote:I have two possible phpBB 3.1 buglets.

1. View new posts is showing me posts as far back as October 18, despite the fact that I've read the topics (there's no unread post icon). I did a View new posts Monday and read everything, then many of those read topics showed up yesterday and today.

2. The breadcrumbs seem to have something overlapping them. If I select the breadcrumb area, I can read the text, but it's very difficult to read otherwise. See the attached screen capture.
phpBB Header Overlap.jpg
I'm using IE 8 on Windows 7.

Steve
1. View New posts issue for me too... It started after this past weekends updates on sunday Oct 20.
Has an irascible disposition.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

I see read "New posts" as old as the 20th. Something to do with the search, I bet. Can anyone reproduce anything similar on another test board so we can be sure it's not area51-specific?

As for the screenshot, it looks like the "<" are missing (probably the first thing that is overlapping), and the second overlapping part appears to be the "[3.x] RFCs" forum name. I don't have IE8 so I can't reproduce (IE10 looks fine). Make sure you've cleared the browser cache just in case.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

I don't see such bug. Breadcrumbs are wrapping on second line in IE8.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

imkingdavid wrote:I see read "New posts" as old as the 20th. Something to do with the search, I bet. Can anyone reproduce anything similar on another test board so we can be sure it's not area51-specific?
I think it is Area51 specific, but I can't be sure. All I know is something changed over last weekend to cause it.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Arty wrote:I don't see such bug. Breadcrumbs are wrapping on second line in IE8.
I'm still seeing it today after logging off and back on.

Steve
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Can you test this? https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/1817

4th commit fixes some issues with breadcrumbs in IE9 and 10 (IE doesn't like mix of word-wrap:break-word, display:inline-block and white-space:nowrap), maybe it will fix bug you are experiencing as well.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

My "View New Posts" page is getting huge!

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I see it too now. When I click on View new posts, there are 2 pages of topics but only 10 with new posts in them.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Arty wrote:Can you test this? https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/1817

4th commit fixes some issues with breadcrumbs in IE9 and 10 (IE doesn't like mix of word-wrap:break-word, display:inline-block and white-space:nowrap), maybe it will fix bug you are experiencing as well.
I don't know how to use GitHub and don't have the time to learn. When those fixes get applied here, I'll be happy to let you know, though.

Steve