3.0 to 3.1 Theme

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Moc

3.0 to 3.1 Theme

Post by Moc »

Hi,

I'm in the process building a new website,
and we are using an old style and would like to upgrade it.

So I'm interested in know if it's worth building a new theme for 3.0 when 3.1 (I'd like to think will be coming out of testing soon).

I'm very interested due to my dislike of image sets and I very much like having the images coded via using CSS.

Thanks,
Moc

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: 3.0 to 3.1 Theme

Post by hanakin »

you can download 3.1 and set up a test version of your site to assist with building a version of the theme for 3.1 since their are some changes that would have to be made to a 3.0 theme.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Re: 3.0 to 3.1 Theme

Post by bantu »

The number of images of the prosilver style in phpBB 3.1 have been greatly reduced already because buttons are now done using CSS. See https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/tree/de ... /prosilver for which images are left.