New Admin redesign, see pic for draft, idea

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
renegade8164

Admin panel design redesign. (See pic idea/draft)

Post by renegade8164 »

Hi!

I've been using phpBB since the days of version 2 for forums and today when I did a new install the Admin Control panel did not look "new and fresh" and I disliked it...

So what I did was a quick flat redesign of it in 4 hours. And this is what It look like after adding FontAwesome, changed ("hacked") css file and edit overall_footer and overall_header template files.
new-php-admin-panel-design.png
new php redesign
(151.7 KiB) Downloaded 5136 times
Is there any plans for a re-design like this, more flat, more css, less pictures, being responsive etc. as the modern sites are at the moment?

Dragosvr92

Re: New Admin redesign, see pic for draft, idea

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Hello renegade,

Your acp redesign looks great ! I really like it.
I also redesigned my acp back in 2010 as i didnt like all the bright colours. Its not as good as yours but its okay.

Heres a pic:
ACP index_20130627-105156.png
(76.05 KiB) Downloaded 5155 times
Previous user: TheKiller

Ascareus Kratos

Post by Ascareus Kratos »

waw
a nice theme you've created..
i think it should be released on phpbb.com

EXreaction

Re: Admin panel design redesign. (See pic idea/draft)

Post by EXreaction »

There are no plans currently, we have a limited number of people contributing to development who are really good at that sort of stuff (or at least that I've seen).

If you would like, you could set up a pull request for this with your changes and we can take a look at them.

Jessica.

Post by Jessica. »

renegade8164 wrote:Hi!

I've been using phpBB since the days of version 2 for forums and today when I did a new install the Admin Control panel did not look "new and fresh" and I disliked it...

So what I did was a quick flat redesign of it in 4 hours. And this is what It look like after adding FontAwesome, changed ("hacked") css file and edit overall_footer and overall_header template files.
The attachment new-php-admin-panel-design.png is no longer available
Is there any plans for a re-design like this, more flat, more css, less pictures, being responsive etc. as the modern sites are at the moment?
Wow that is really good.

Mine just has a slight style change
acp.PNG
(14.73 KiB) Downloaded 5101 times

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Great design! I hope you're open to Exreaction's suggestion ;-)

bonelifer
Community Team
Community Team

Post by bonelifer »

What's the orange square by the System tab?
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

bonelifer wrote:

Maybe a dropdown menu for tabs like automod and .MODS?

renegade8164

Post by renegade8164 »

*Daniel wrote:
bonelifer wrote:

Maybe a dropdown menu for tabs like automod and .MODS?
Orange? It's red. However it's a tab for hide/show the menu to the left using the more "universal" hidden-menu/three lines icon. Before it was hide/show arrows next to the menu to the right.

renegade8164

Post by renegade8164 »

EXreaction wrote:There are no plans currently, we have a limited number of people contributing to development who are really good at that sort of stuff (or at least that I've seen).

If you would like, you could set up a pull request for this with your changes and we can take a look at them.
How do Ido that then?

I work as graphical designer/producer, so my first thought was that I just wanted to send this pic to the developer team, but I also am a front-end designer (back-end developer too). So if u guys would like some help from with the front-end part, I would appreciate do a draft/design for it later.