New Admin redesign, see pic for draft, idea

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Alien_Time

Re: New Admin redesign, see pic for draft, idea

Post by Alien_Time »

thats really nice! Looks much improved and tidy. It would be awesome if you can contribute this to phpbb. :) Would you also be able to improve the style for the tabs in User Control Panel page too?

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

I really like it too. Actually I already made similar ACP style few years ago but never released it.

Moc

Post by Moc »

Wow I love the design. I hope to see that up on phpBB.

EXreaction

Re: Admin panel design redesign. (See pic idea/draft)

Post by EXreaction »

renegade8164 wrote:How do Ido that then?

I work as graphical designer/producer, so my first thought was that I just wanted to send this pic to the developer team, but I also am a front-end designer (back-end developer too). So if u guys would like some help from with the front-end part, I would appreciate do a draft/design for it later.
Make the required changes and submit a pull request on Github. Some information on how to do this can be found here: https://wiki.phpbb.com/Git

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

That is really nice and it would be great if you could submit that.

basically, you'd need to clone the phBB git repository to your computer. Then, make a new branch of the phpbb-dev branch, and apply the changes you did to achieve that look. Then you push your new modified branch back to github, and create a pull request, so then the developers can look at what you did, and hopefully integrate it.

Did you only do that front page, or is the whole ACP redesigned ?
Has an irascible disposition.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Admin panel design redesign. (See pic idea/draft)

Post by DavidIQ »

EXreaction wrote:
renegade8164 wrote:How do Ido that then?

I work as graphical designer/producer, so my first thought was that I just wanted to send this pic to the developer team, but I also am a front-end designer (back-end developer too). So if u guys would like some help from with the front-end part, I would appreciate do a draft/design for it later.
Make the required changes and submit a pull request on Github. Some information on how to do this can be found here: https://wiki.phpbb.com/Git
If it seems too overwhelming/complex just send everything you've edited to one of us (PM with link to a zip archive in some cloud storage) and we will send the pull request for you. I work with designers as well and version control is a very foreign thing to them...I've had to produce numerous tools for them in order for them just to be able to cope with Team Foundation Server so I totally understand where you're coming from. :)

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

VSE+ wrote: Did you only do that front page, or is the whole ACP redesigned ?
He did the entire thing obviously. Cant make just one page. The css template applies to the entire acp/adm page.
Previous user: TheKiller

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Dragosvr92 wrote:He did the entire thing obviously. Cant make just one page. The css template applies to the entire acp/adm page.
Not necessarily. There are all the tabbed layouts (as used when setting advanced permissions, for example). What about warning and success message blocks? Its quite possible he only restyled the elements shown on the main page. So its worth asking if his redesign is complete, or still a WIP.

I for one would love to see the ACP get this make over...it needs one...
Has an irascible disposition.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

We also need to ask weather this is just a design or coded because it is possible that this is just a mock-up at this point!
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

renegade8164

Post by renegade8164 »

hanakin wrote:We also need to ask weather this is just a design or coded because it is possible that this is just a mock-up at this point!
It's real code.
VSE+ wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote:He did the entire thing obviously. Cant make just one page. The css template applies to the entire acp/adm page.
Not necessarily. There are all the tabbed layouts (as used when setting advanced permissions, for example). What about warning and success message blocks? Its quite possible he only restyled the elements shown on the main page. So its worth asking if his redesign is complete, or still a WIP.

I for one would love to see the ACP get this make over...it needs one...
For the icons in the tabs, I was required to add a few lines in the language file (e.g <i class="icon-cog"></i>).
DavidIQ wrote:
EXreaction wrote:Make the required changes and submit a pull request on Github. Some information on how to do this can be found here: https://wiki.phpbb.com/Git
If it seems too overwhelming/complex just send everything you've edited to one of us (PM with link to a zip archive in some cloud storage) and we will send the pull request for you. I work with designers as well and version control is a very foreign thing to them...I've had to produce numerous tools for them in order for them just to be able to cope with Team Foundation Server so I totally understand where you're coming from. :)
http://www.4shared.com/zip/e66zBQXV/php ... theme.html
UPDATE: New link, no registration required.
http://www.filedropper.com/phpbb-flat-admin-theme-1

There u all have it, a draft, but it's still no way polished or anything, meaning the small details isn't done like specific text-size etc. for input fields or warning alerts etc. I just wanted to have this kind of design quick and easy for now. U can try it on the link above.

Font-family
Helvetica

Colourscheme used:
Header background: #33363B
Main Background: #F0F0ED
Text: #FFFFFF
Menu-tabs background: #25272A
Menu-tab active/hover: #17181A
Titles background (secondary menu title, table title, fieldset title): #33383D
Table (col 1,3) background: #DDDDDB
Table (col 2,4), Fieldset background: #FFFFFF
Red-button: #D24D33
Last edited by renegade8164 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.