opc0de wrote:Registered an account to make this post.
Just to sum up you post to make sure I understand you correct.
- Focus on making bridges a core part of phpBB because you once needed it.
- Remove everything else you don't need. Because those who think they need it are retards.
- Focus on making an extension system (like the one coming in 3.1), and maybe add everything removed as officially supported extensions.
- Those who use phpBB, use it because they can't figure out how anything else work.
Did I get it about right?
No, not even remotely, though I'm unsurprised at the oh-so-typical emotional lashing-out.
1. I pretty specifically said that developer documentation needs to be better. I did not even suggest that bridges should be a core functionality.
2. No, what I suggested was to remove everything that isn't specifically about communication, so as to streamline the user experience. The interface is too cluttered and truly hasn't changed very much in more than a decade.
3. Yep, pretty much. I've used 3.x and didn't find the experience to be very streamlined but if there's an extension system being worked on that'd be a step in the right direction.
4. No, what I said was that for a lot of people, using phpbb is the best of offerings but that phpbb doesn't live up to what it could be.
Your standard hostile response is exactly what I suspected from someone who's spent too much time in the echo chamber that is phpbb development. Change aversion and hostility.