prosilver or problue?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
emosbat

Re: prosilver or problue?

Post by emosbat »

how about silverblue? XD I see silver and blue in theme
Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Ger wrote:Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Renaming might have more impact than you think, simply because there are so many styles that use template inheritance with prosilver as a base. All those would break instantly when you rename this.
In 3.1 or 4.0 that should not be a problem anymore. The styles that inherit the prosilver structure would be written for 3.0, and prosilver is there.
Next releases would just have a new default style name and they will make styles for that version from scratch..
Previous user: TheKiller
bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

TheKiller wrote:
Ger wrote:Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Renaming might have more impact than you think, simply because there are so many styles that use template inheritance with prosilver as a base. All those would break instantly when you rename this.
In 3.1 or 4.0 that should not be a problem anymore. The styles that inherit the prosilver structure would be written for 3.0, and prosilver is there.
Next releases would just have a new default style name and they will make styles for that version from scratch..
I disagree. phpBB 3.1 prosilver is still pretty much phpBB 3.0 prosilver. Lookwise and code-wise. I see no way the style is going to be renamed in 3.x.
Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

It would be the same style but then people might know that prosilver applies to 3.0 and problue applies to 3.1+ styles...
I guess it might be let as it is and on 4.0 decide if thecolours would still be blue and change name then....?
Previous user: TheKiller
Mess

Post by Mess »

Here is a website dedicated to things given funny/inaccurate names: http://www.funnynames.com/
Point being. Names don't actually have to make sense to server their purpose.

It was named Prosilver. Therefor Prosilver is its name.
imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

Meis2M wrote:this is not a big issue but it is a mistake name...

prosilver built in 2008 and we are in 2013 i think this style is very simple. i think the default style of phpbb is not a 2013 style and its not a next generation style.
it is better think about a professional style.

see the vbulletin mybb ipboard default style and they are beautifuler than prosilver. i think phpbb core is moving to future but phpbb styles not.
So your real suggestion is to make a new style, not to rename the current one.

As far as I am aware, no new style is currently in the works, and I'm not entirely sure what we have planned for future. 3.1 will not have a new style.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.