Logs and own links

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
John P

Logs and own links

Post by John P »

If i want to make a own log in logbook its not possible to include a link to for, example user -> profile in acp simply because the sid isn't correct.

Now I include the link with the $_SID in it and added the next line to acp_logs just before the tempale block is assigned.

if (strpos($row['action'], '{$_SID}') !== false) $row['action'] = str_replace('{$_SID}', '&sid=' . $user->session_id, $row['action']);

Is there another, better way to have the same result?

Pony99CA

Re: Logs and own links

Post by Pony99CA »

First, are you working with phpBB 3.0 or 3.1? If you're using 3.0, you're asking at the wrong place -- this board is for development of upcoming versions of phpBB. You should ask at phpBB.com.

Second, if you are using 3.1, what is "logbook"? Is that a program, your term for the ACP log pages or something else?

Finally, I've always found that links work fine without the session IDs. If you click them and a session ID is necessary, it will be appended. But knowing exactly what you're trying to do (if you're using phpBB 3.1) would be a big help.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

John P

Re: Logs and own links

Post by John P »

Ok in English it should be ACP Log pages then.

I created a custom log with a link to acp in it and it needs a sid because of that.
In phpbb 3 this is not possible at the moment so my question is how to that for future versions.