Copy permissions from forum to forum.

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 3 will be 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.2.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.2.x please visit the 3.2.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Dragosvr92

Copy permissions from forum to forum.

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 pm

When you set the Groups’ forum permissions you might want to apply the same permissions to all forums.
It is annoying to go from forum to forum to chose the same combination of permissions that you are happy with.
There should be an option that allows you to apply the permissions to all forums.
Previous user: TheKiller

brunoais

Re: Copy permissions from forum to forum.

Post by brunoais » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 pm

That's easy. Select all forums. Check all checkboxes and fill the permissions in of of the forms. All set.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

brunoais wrote:That's easy. Select all forums. Check all checkboxes and fill the permissions in of of the forms. All set.
Wut?

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 pm

TheKiller wrote:When you set the Groups’ forum permissions you might want to apply the same permissions to all forums.
It is annoying to go from forum to forum to chose the same combination of permissions that you are happy with.
There should be an option that allows you to apply the permissions to all forums.
You could create a permission role and then just go to each forum and select that role for that group. Also, I believe that by clicking the checkbox on the forums when setting permissions, it copies the permissions or something. I haven't set up permissions in a long time so I don't remember.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I never messed with the permission roles, i wanted to suggest allowing you to make one that copys permissions from the first modified forum. nevermind

I have seen sites in the past that allowed you to copy the same options from an above field to the lower one. Dont remember them thought.....
I will make a new permission Role, thanks.

HGN

Post by HGN » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Moved this topic from " [3.2/Arsia] RFCs & Patches" to "[3.2/Arsia] Discussion".

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 am

There is already a copy permissions from forum feature.

You select a forum you want to copy permissions from, and select those you wish to copy permissions too. Also when creating the forum you can select which forum it will copy permissions from.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Unknown Bliss wrote:There is already a copy permissions from forum feature.

You select a forum you want to copy permissions from, and select those you wish to copy permissions too. Also when creating the forum you can select which forum it will copy permissions from.
I know that, but i asked for an option to copy them from the group permissions. Forum to forum.

jsebean

Post by jsebean » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

TheKiller wrote:
Unknown Bliss wrote:There is already a copy permissions from forum feature.

I know that, but i asked for an option to copy them from the group permissions. Forum to forum.
Group permissions and forum permissions are two different things, unless you're referring to the permissions based on different groups in the forum permissions, which is exactly what Copy Permissions from forums do.
-Jonah

Oleg

Post by Oleg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 am

My feeling is we should favor explaining existing permissions system better over adding additional UI that would duplicate already existing functionality.

(I'm not sure whether this topic is requesting something that cannot currently be done.)