phpbb3.1.0 dev

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
abpphpbb3

phpbb3.1.0 dev

Post by abpphpbb3 »

hello,

Today I checked , as I follow from day to day changes of phpbb3.1.0 dev, I found phpbb 3.1.0 dev 2042.

install crashed directly at the starting of a fresh install on wampserver (see attached file).

it seems to be linked with symphony 2 ans composer dependenties ....

do I missed someting ? what do I have to do ? any suggestions ?

have a nice week end
best regards
bernard
Attachments
phpbb310-dev_2042.jpg
(100.71 KiB) Downloaded 7436 times

Arty
Former Team Member

Re: phpbb3.10 dev

Post by Arty »

Run these two commands from phpBB directory

Code: Select all

curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | php
php composer.phar install
http://getcomposer.org/doc/01-basic-usa ... pendencies

igorw

Post by igorw »

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

i got the same
im not sure how to run those commands and where to install composer i have xampp 1.7.3 at c:\blah
and phpbb 3.1.0-dev at c:\blah\blah\blah\blah
os is win xp pro
thanks for any help

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

bprsk8r4272 wrote:i got the same
im not sure how to run those commands and where to install composer i have xampp 1.7.3 at c:\blah
and phpbb 3.1.0-dev at c:\blah\blah\blah\blah
os is win xp pro
thanks for any help
Assuming you have PHP setup properly in your Windows system PATH environment variable, you just open command prompt, change the directory to the phpBB root directory of the board you're trying to install, and then run those two commands.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

C:\blah\blah\blah\blah>curl -s http://getcomposer.org/installer | p
hp
'curl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
so i manually put the file composer.phar there and then this

C:\blah\blah\blah\blah>php composer.phar install
Installing from lock file
Your requirements could not be solved to an installable set of packages.

Problems:
                - Problem caused by:
                        - Install command rule (+symfony/symfony-2.0.10.0|+symfo
ny/event-dispatcher-2.0.10.0)
                        - Installation of package "symfony/event-dispatcher" wit
h constraint == 2.0.10.0 was requested. Satisfiable by packages [symfony/symfony
-2.0.10.0, symfony/event-dispatcher-2.0.10.0].
                        - Package "symfony/event-dispatcher-2.0.10.0" contains t
he rule symfony/event-dispatcher requires php (>= 5.3.2.0). No package satisfies
 this dependency.
                        - Package "symfony/symfony-2.0.10.0" contains the rule s
ymfony/symfony requires php (>= 5.3.2.0). No package satisfies this dependency.

abpphpbb3

Post by abpphpbb3 »

"good" morning

I am a little bit disapointed that suddenly develloppers "cut" poeple from all the recent releases as we use windows (not linux) on local environnement and wampserver (or something like this).
we both (a friend and me) were following day after day the evolution of phpbb 3.10 for testing......for the moment it ended up.
why is it not possible to continue to give us the tool or really clear explanation which can enable us tu continue testing?

do not take my reflexion from a bad sense, I sais this because I'm attached to phpbb from a long time. :cry: :cry:

have a nice week end

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader

Post by Noxwizard »

bprsk8r4272 wrote:so i manually put the file composer.phar there and then this
...requires php (>= 5.3.2.0). No package satisfies this dependency.
phpBB 3.1 requires PHP 5.3.2 or greater, and it seems that you don't have that.

abpphpbb3 wrote:"good" morning

I am a little bit disapointed that suddenly develloppers "cut" poeple from all the recent releases as we use windows (not linux) on local environnement and wampserver (or something like this).
we both (a friend and me) were following day after day the evolution of phpbb 3.10 for testing......for the moment it ended up.
why is it not possible to continue to give us the tool or really clear explanation which can enable us tu continue testing?

do not take my reflexion from a bad sense, I sais this because I'm attached to phpbb from a long time. :cry: :cry:

have a nice week end
Windows users haven't been "cut" from development. The only difference is that curl isn't available for a one-step process. Just use the download link on the composer site, put it in your phpBB folder and then run php composer.phar install.

If you really want it all commandline based like the *nix folks, then you can use bitsadmin which has been around since at least XP SP2:

C:\current\phpBB>bitsadmin /transfer phpbbjob /download http://getcomposer.org/installer C:\current\phpBB\composer.installer
Replace C:\current with the path to your repo checkout. Then run php composer.installer and follow the rest of the instructions.

Just to show that it does indeed work:

C:\current\phpBB>bitsadmin /transfer phpbbjob /download http://getcomposer.org/installer C:\current\phpBB\composer.installer
DISPLAY: 'phpbbjob' TYPE: DOWNLOAD STATE: TRANSFERRED
PRIORITY: NORMAL FILES: 1 / 1 BYTES: 4708 / 4708 (100%)
Transfer complete.

C:\current\phpBB>php composer.installer
?[0;32mAll settings correct for using Composer
?[0m?[0;32m
Composer successfully installed to: C:\current\phpBB\composer.phar?[0m?[33;33m
Use it: php composer.phar
?[0m

C:\current\phpBB>php composer.phar install
Installing from lock file
  - Package symfony/event-dispatcher (v2.0.10)
    Downloading: 100%
    Unpacking archive
    Cleaning up

Generating autoload files

C:\current\phpBB>cd ..

C:\current>phpunit
PHPUnit 3.6.10 by Sebastian Bergmann.

Configuration read from C:\current\phpunit.xml.dist

?[33;1mI?[0m............................................................   61 / 1313 (  4%)
.............................................................  122 / 1313 (  9%)
.............................................................  183 / 1313 ( 13%)
.............................................................  244 / 1313 ( 18%)
.............................................................  305 / 1313 ( 23%)
.............................................................  366 / 1313 ( 27%)
.............................................................  427 / 1313 ( 32%)
.............................................................  488 / 1313 ( 37%)
.............................................................  549 / 1313 ( 41%)
.............................................................  610 / 1313 ( 46%)
.............................................................  671 / 1313 ( 51%)
.............................................................  732 / 1313 ( 55%)
.............................................................  793 / 1313 ( 60%)
.............................................................  854 / 1313 ( 65%)
.............................................................  915 / 1313 ( 69%)
.............................................................  976 / 1313 ( 74%)
............................................................. 1037 / 1313 ( 78%)
............................................................. 1098 / 1313 ( 83%)
............................................................. 1159 / 1313 ( 88%)
............................................................. 1220 / 1313 ( 92%)
............................................................. 1281 / 1313 ( 97%)

Time: 01:23, Memory: 34.50Mb

?[30;43m?[2KOK, but incomplete or skipped tests!
?[0m?[30;43m?[2KTests: 1289, Assertions: 10866, Incomplete: 1.
?[0m?[2K
C:\current>

abpphpbb3

Post by abpphpbb3 »

oki,

thanks you very much for the quick reply.

my status for the moment:(windows 7 + wampserver)

from root : c:\wamp\www\phpbb\(files of phpbb 3.10 dev 2099)

msdos command line
first step ===> bitsadmin /transfer phpbbjob /download http://getcomposer.org/installer c:\wamp\www\phpBB\composer.phar
result ===>composer.phar is created successfully in the folder of phpbb

(but I noticed It was necessarry to keep "phpBB" as table name because if not composer.phar is not created with the good name and at the good place.....pehaps not important ...)

second step ===> php composer.phar install
result ===> no way to initiate install ( do I missed something ? )

best regards
bernard

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

Noxwizard wrote:
bprsk8r4272 wrote:so i manually put the file composer.phar there and then this
...requires php (>= 5.3.2.0). No package satisfies this dependency.
phpBB 3.1 requires PHP 5.3.2 or greater, and it seems that you don't have that.
ah yeah that was it i thought it was 5.3.5 but its 5.3.1