<!-- RESOURCE --> template tag

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
brunoais

Re: [RFC] <!-- RESOURCE --> template tag

Post by brunoais »

^ If we make things so that any changes to the files in the templates require a purge of the cache there's even a better optimization that can be made.
Instead of inserting there the function (or method) like I did, we could just replace all text with the correct path to the file. If that file has disappeared then it requires a purge of the cache. We just need to evaluate if we need that dynamic in every page load (slower, more flexible) or static, the path is saved directly to the file (faster, if the conditions change, it requires a purge of the cache).

Arty
Former Team Member

Re: [RFC] <!-- RESOURCE --> template tag

Post by Arty »

Abandoning this RFC, I have a better idea that I'll post shortly.