phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Oleg

Re: phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

Post by Oleg »

The first batch of template events has been merged. User documentation is in docs/events.md.

We now need to generate events.html from events.md during build process (http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-11286).

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Migrations are now complete and awaiting review and merging.

shoes22

Post by shoes22 »

If Migrations are done, then this should be ready for alpha, correct? Nothing else holding it back?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Migrations must be merged first, it is still being reviewed.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

shoes22 wrote:If Migrations are done, then this should be ready for alpha, correct? Nothing else holding it back?
I just commented on the Migrations Pull Request saying that I will merge it on Monday (assuming my schedule permits doing so) barring any new objections that are not addressed by then. After that, there are still two related Pull Requests that must be tested and merged before we can consider the whole migrations feature to be merged. Following that will be a two week window during which current Pull Requests can be adapted to use migrations instead of the old method of including database update instructions. Once that two weeks is up, 3.1 can enter the Alpha stage. Any new features that are not ready for a merge by then will be held back to 3.2.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

imkingdavid wrote:
shoes22 wrote:If Migrations are done, then this should be ready for alpha, correct? Nothing else holding it back?
I just commented on the Migrations Pull Request saying that I will merge it on Monday (assuming my schedule permits doing so) barring any new objections that are not addressed by then. After that, there are still two related Pull Requests that must be tested and merged before we can consider the whole migrations feature to be merged. Following that will be a two week window during which current Pull Requests can be adapted to use migrations instead of the old method of including database update instructions. Once that two weeks is up, 3.1 can enter the Alpha stage. Any new features that are not ready for a merge by then will be held back to 3.2.
Beautiful music to my ears :D

MaFeSa

Post by MaFeSa »

keith10456 wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:
Beautiful music to my ears :D
True, it is really great news.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

The first of three migrations-related PRs has been merged; this is the underlying migrations framework. Following that will be the migrations handler for extensions, and handler for core migrations (plus the core migrations themselves).
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

The final PR we've been waiting to merge before beginning the two week window to 3.1-a1 has been merged.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

EXreaction wrote:The final PR we've been waiting to merge before beginning the two week window to 3.1-a1 has been merged.
Thanks team!