phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
ShadowWalker

Re: Obtaining phpBB 3.1

Post by ShadowWalker »

Oleg wrote:Obtaining phpBB 3.1

You can download up-to-date 3.1 snapshots using these links:

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/tarball/develop (tar.gz)
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/zipball/develop (zip)

Install them as you would any phpbb release, this includes fresh installs and updates.

Quick Install at the moment is incapable of using 3.1 tree for itself, that is, the sources/phpbb directory must contain 3.0 tree. I'm also not sure whether quick install is capable of directly installing a 3.1 tree. What is possible is installing a 3.0 tree, copying 3.1 tree over into the new board and running the database updater.
I've registered on this board to be able to test the snapshots of the PHPBB 3.1 Development.

Now I download the develop snapshot, yet it says PHPBB 3.0.10 RC2? Instead of something about PHPBB 3.1

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

ShadowWalker wrote:
Oleg wrote:Obtaining phpBB 3.1

You can download up-to-date 3.1 snapshots using these links:

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/tarball/develop (tar.gz)
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/zipball/develop (zip)

Install them as you would any phpbb release, this includes fresh installs and updates.

Quick Install at the moment is incapable of using 3.1 tree for itself, that is, the sources/phpbb directory must contain 3.0 tree. I'm also not sure whether quick install is capable of directly installing a 3.1 tree. What is possible is installing a 3.0 tree, copying 3.1 tree over into the new board and running the database updater.
I've registered on this board to be able to test the snapshots of the PHPBB 3.1 Development.

Now I download the develop snapshot, yet it says PHPBB 3.0.10 RC2? Instead of something about PHPBB 3.1
There isn't anything like that yet for 3.1. You can fork the 3.1 branch (develop) on GitHub to see how it's going.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

ShadowWalker wrote:Now I download the develop snapshot, yet it says PHPBB 3.0.10 RC2? Instead of something about PHPBB 3.1
The snapshots Oleg linked to are 3.1. I'm not sure what you downloaded, but they are definitely not 3.0.10 RC2.
callumacrae wrote:There isn't anything like that yet for 3.1. You can fork the 3.1 branch (develop) on GitHub to see how it's going.
You did see the snapshot links Oleg posted which work just fine, right?

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 3.1 Status

Post by callumacrae »

...I'm an idiot. Sorry.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

naderman wrote:
ShadowWalker wrote:Now I download the develop snapshot, yet it says PHPBB 3.0.10 RC2? Instead of something about PHPBB 3.1
The snapshots Oleg linked to are 3.1. I'm not sure what you downloaded, but they are definitely not 3.0.10 RC2.
Yet, when I click on the link Oleg posted, the file I get is:

Code: Select all

phpbb-phpbb3-release-3.0.10-RC2-1467-g5e225d5.tar.gz
Coincidence it's that name?

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

That's rather odd indeed. But it's definitely 3.1.0-dev. Just look into phpBB/includes/constants.php it says define('PHPBB_VERSION', '3.1.0-dev'); - so not sure, why github uses that tag for the name. I guess it somehow guesses a name based on the last created tag.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

The filename GitHub generates is based on the last commit to the branch being downloaded. It happens that the last commit to develop is merging release-3.0.10.RC2, thus the rather strange looking filename.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

utomo

Post by utomo »

I also found the download\
phpbb-phpbb3-release-3.0.10-RC2-1549-g525379c.tar.gz

I hope somebody look at it
Thanks

and is there any estimated month when 3.1 beta will be released and also the final version ?
I know it is when ready. but just a rough estimation please.
Thankyou

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

utomo wrote:and is there any estimated month when 3.1 beta will be released and also the final version ?
I know it is when ready. but just a rough estimation please.
Thankyou
Sorry, but there's no estimate because work is done voluntarily and is not on a schedule. To provide an estimate would be to disappoint the users either by missing the "deadline" or by providing low quality code. You are welcome to track 3.1 development in the tracker and on github.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

tornadoheart

Re: phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

Post by tornadoheart »

Any Updates :?: