Add offline image for prosilver

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Add offline image for prosilver

Post by Vinny »

I proposed the following ticket: http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-10209
The recommendation was to post a topic here. :idea:

--------

The improvement, described in the ticket, is based on this message: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p3675125

The suggestion is to add the offline image for user's profile on prosilver.

Meis2M

Re: Add offline image for prosilver

Post by Meis2M »

and subsilver 2 too :D

Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by Vinny »

Meis2M wrote:and subsilver 2 too :D
Subsilver2 already has offline image.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

I think its a very bad idea. It is useless information that visitors don't care about. Post should be minimal, it should not contain huge amount of data that distracts visitors from what is important: post content. Online icon in background is more than enough. If its not there, user is ether offline or is hidden.

If you really want online icon, you can easily add it by editing templates. It doesn't require any modding.

Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by Vinny »

CyberAlien wrote:I think its a very bad idea. It is useless information that visitors don't care about. Post should be minimal, it should not contain huge amount of data that distracts visitors from what is important: post content. Online icon in background is more than enough. If its not there, user is ether offline or is hidden.
Sure, but the images can be disabled in the ACP.
CyberAlien wrote:If you really want online icon, you can easily add it by editing templates. It doesn't require any modding.
I know, some of my styles have the offline image.