Editable user rank title in ACP

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Meis2M

Editable user rank title in ACP

Post by Meis2M »

hi
i have a suggestion about being able to edit the rank titles from user manager in acp. ( just edit title no image rank )
like in vbulletine which you can change each user's rank title separately ,
as an example : i want user x's rank title to be "section mobile moderator" or user y's rank title to be "computer hardware moderator" or...

currently you can do this by adding multiple ranks , with same image but different titles which is a time wasting job ...

thanks

The Wizard

Re: Editable user rank title in ACP

Post by The Wizard »

I like this idea.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

I would kinda like to see this. Especially if there was a permissions for users to change their own ranks :)

~Callum
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

JHTech100

Post by JHTech100 »

This is one of the cool parts about vBulletin. Would be cool to reward great members with custom titles of their choice. I agree about the current way being totally time wasting.

Jessica.

Post by Jessica. »

I definitely like this idea.