[Suggestion] Delete/modify posts in own threads

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
brunoais

Re: [Suggestion] Delete/modify posts in own threads

Post by brunoais »

EddieBytes wrote:This feature is useful all the times, not just for RP/auction/whatever forums.
I hate starting threads then people go completely off topic and there's nothing I can do to moderate my own thread. It's just silly. A feature like this could clean up all the mess in threads in general.
Arguments about abuses are just trolling or excuses to be honest, solutions to those problems exist as has been explained by some fellow users above.

I strongly believe the place for this feature is in the forum's core engine, not some mod. Think about it.

+1
That's why it should be a good MOD/extension. With the extension system we are preparing installing what needed changes to the code will be much easier.

shentino

Post by shentino »

I still think it should be made a core part of PHPBB.

As it is being able to merely delete and lock one's own threads seems a bit incomplete.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

For clarity: phpBB allows the topic starter to close his own topics (if granted such permission). phpBB also allows the topic starter to delete a topic so long as no one has replied to it (and granted such permission).

I haven't changed my opinion since my first post on the topic, FWIW.
A_Jelly_Doughnut