Small BBCode syntax extension

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
FeyFre

Small BBCode syntax extension

Post by FeyFre »

Despite viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33021 I propose small extension to BBCode parser(it is not so cardinal and easier to implement):

I propose to add new BBCode syntax token {BBTEXT}. Purpose of this token - to allow custom BBCodes to be nested, when {TEXT} will not allow to nest BBCodes in it. I know there is exists MOD, which allows to nest custom BBCodes, but it is not so flexible as to allow BBCode creator to decide which BBCodes can nest, which not. Now, if admin wants add simple tag, he should be php experienced programmer and able to write own simple text parser(or at least should be able to copy and clean bbcode_quote). This is at least no user-friendly.