WYSIWYG editor

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: WYSIWYG editor

Post by Senky »

Hm, I think it is not necessary. You simply choose if you want to use WYSIWYG or old editor, and you are used to it, so you do not change it so often. What's more, you are able to use "old editor" with WYSIWYG one, displaying source and make post using this mode...

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I was speaking of allowing to "change it on the fly", if you get what I mean. EG, user can choose to always have or not via a setting in the UCP and also can choose to use it or not when making a post.
Right:
imkingdavid wrote:There is a button that will let you switch between source editing (the "normal way") or rich editing (WYSIWYG)
EXreaction wrote:While using the WYSIWYG editor, there is also the source button that lets you edit it as you would now.
The "button" referred to there would be displayed on the posting screen. And there would also be the option in the UCP to pick the default one to load each time you visit the posting screen.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

RMcGirr83 wrote:I was speaking of allowing to "change it on the fly", if you get what I mean. EG, user can choose to always have or not via a setting in the UCP and also can choose to use it or not when making a post.
See EXreaction's post below:
EXreaction wrote:We can easily add the option in the UCP so the user can select the default behavior. While using the WYSIWYG editor, there is also the source button that lets you edit it as you would now.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Okay already, I get it. Thanks.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

I just noticed we have two topics on this.

Please put further comments in the RFC topic:
https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 79#p244679