Number formatting

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
imkingdavid

Re: Number formatting

Post by imkingdavid »

Yeah I had realized the issue of different formats, but didn't realize it would be so difficult to implement. I thought number_format() sort of took care of it. Anyway, I think it would be a good feature if implemented, but of course it's nothing major. :)
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

hm... Just seen a MOD that does this here: http://infinityhouse.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26

So maybe it could be coded that way?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Comkid

Post by Comkid »

It wouldn't have worked because of different formats ;)

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

imkingdavid wrote:Yeah I had realized the issue of different formats, but didn't realize it would be so difficult to implement. I thought number_format() sort of took care of it.
No, it's not difficult to implement. Each lang file would just specify the thousands separator and the decimal separator. Though, where are we using decimals in phpBB?

igorw

Post by igorw »

Dog Cow wrote:Though, where are we using decimals in phpBB?
Viewprofile. "(0.18% of all posts / 0.14 posts per day) "

wads24

Post by wads24 »

Unknown Bliss wrote:hm... Just seen a MOD that does this here: http://infinityhouse.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26

So maybe it could be coded that way?

This link is no longer valid... What mod was it? I own a rather large phpBB3 forum, and also would like to implement commas on my forum to indicate thousands.