User info more useable..

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 3 will be 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.2.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.2.x please visit the 3.2.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Rotsblok

User info more useable..

Post by Rotsblok »

As in phpBB 3.x there are custom profiles etc. The problem is now (with I guess lazy modders) that most of that info isn't used. As I was figuring out how to build it into a mod, I was wondering if it could be much easier in phpBB4.

Like just drop in $user->info (I know little php and my knowledge goes as far as this). and it gives the same out put as on the topic page (poster info). That way it will be much easier for modders to add it in and gives a more general look as all user post info is everywhere the same..

Hope you all understand... :D
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it