Will phpBB host a community meeting soon?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
jwxie

Will phpBB host a community meeting soon?

Post by jwxie »

Will phpBB team consider to host a community meeting one day, like the coder day in the past?

Like a local? Or broadcast?

We have IRC and this forum.. I don't know, but I feel like we need something for phpBB4. Very few users are here to discuss it
(and plus I am not that great when it comes to php and mysql, I am sorry, I have limited resources to contribute. but surely in the up-coming years I will get better :D )

Phil

Re: Will phpBB host a community meeting soon?

Post by Phil »

I really fail to see how this has anything to do with designing the architecture of 4.0.
My phpbb.com account
Note that any of my opinions expressed in RFC topics are my own and not necessarily representative of the opinion of the phpBB Team.

jwxie

Post by jwxie »

iWisdom wrote:I really fail to see how this has anything to do with designing the architecture of 4.0.
Another function to promote this?

ToonArmy

Post by ToonArmy »

jwxie wrote:
iWisdom wrote:I really fail to see how this has anything to do with designing the architecture of 4.0.
We don't want to heavily promote it right now.
Chris SmithBlogXMOOhlohArea51WikiNo support via PM/IM

code reader

Post by code reader »

jwxie wrote:
i think it should be OK to discuss it, it's just that *here* is the wrong place.
elsewhere on area51 or even on phpbb.com, i guess.
do some homework and find where previous such events were discussed.

peace.