Wysiwyg TinyMCE implementation

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Michaelo

Re: Wysiwyg TinyMCE implementation

Post by Michaelo »

Logic and probably appear to indicate there will be WYSIWYG editor in version 4... probably an optional plugin... may even be derived from existing code...
There is no reason to suggest bbcodes implementation will remain as is but whatever changes are made, I'm guessing the WYSIWYG editor will support them...

For my part, I am looking forward to being able to add mods without touching core code... that will be the single biggest improvement IMHO...
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

cjosephny

Re: Wysiwyg TinyMCE implementation

Post by cjosephny »

I'm still trying to figure out what would be the best way to instruct people on creating threads. Unfortunately some of my users are older and some don't use computers that much. It's very difficult for someone to format something for 10 mins, that they can just cut and paste from the web.

Wysiwyg is not a nice to have, it's a must have as other boards are using it. This is one of the comments from some users that reviewed phpBB on Godaddy.
If anything, allow the ability to paste pictures. That is the biggest annoyance for me.

Thanks