Ability to search between two dates

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 3 will be 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.1. If you need support for phpBB 3.1 please visit the 3.1.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
producer123

Ability to search between two dates

Post by producer123 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:34 pm

The search function of a discussion board is very important, because one needs to be able to retrieve information, and as quickly as possible.

The current search function provides the possibility to search through all posts, or limit the results to the previous days/weeks/months and a maximum of 1 year. This is useful for searching through recent posts, but if you have a forum that is active for several years and you want to search for something from say the year 2008, you run into a usability problem.

Therefore I propose the addition of an option to search between two dates, which can be very helpful, especially for searching for older posts.

I don't know if such has already been proposed or planned, but I couldn't find that.