List Page Titles of External PHP Pages in Who is Online List

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
Tom

List Page Titles of External PHP Pages in Who is Online List

Post by Tom »

I have my phpBB forum integrated with my website, which is also written in PHP. When someone is on my forum, if I check the Who is Online list it shows where they are browsing on the forum. For example, if they're posting a message in the General Discussion forum, it will say "Posting message in General Discussion." However, when someone is viewing a page that is external to the forum, it just says "Forum index" for their location on the Who is Online page. It doesn't show the page title of the page that they are actually on. So, how would I make it so that if a user is viewing a page that is external to the forum, it would say a page title other than "Forum index" in the Who is Online area?

Thank you in advance for any help I receive.
Tom Catullo - Moderator Team Member
phpBB.com | Area51 Rules & Regulations | My Projects

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: List Page Titles of External PHP Pages in Who is Online List

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

legohalflife2man wrote:I have my phpBB forum integrated with my website, which is also written in PHP. When someone is on my forum, if I check the Who is Online list it shows where they are browsing on the forum. For example, if they're posting a message in the General Discussion forum, it will say "Posting message in General Discussion." However, when someone is viewing a page that is external to the forum, it just says "Forum index" for their location on the Who is Online page. It doesn't show the page title of the page that they are actually on. So, how would I make it so that if a user is viewing a page that is external to the forum, it would say a page title other than "Forum index" in the Who is Online area?

Theirs a validated MOD for that "Topic in whos online".
Long Live PhpBB!

Tom

Post by Tom »

Thanks. Can you link me to it, or is it unavailable until phpBB.com is back online?

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

COD3M4ST3R-X wrote:
legohalflife2man wrote:I have my phpBB forum integrated with my website, which is also written in PHP. When someone is on my forum, if I check the Who is Online list it shows where they are browsing on the forum. For example, if they're posting a message in the General Discussion forum, it will say "Posting message in General Discussion." However, when someone is viewing a page that is external to the forum, it just says "Forum index" for their location on the Who is Online page. It doesn't show the page title of the page that they are actually on. So, how would I make it so that if a user is viewing a page that is external to the forum, it would say a page title other than "Forum index" in the Who is Online area?

Theirs a validated MOD for that "Topic in whos online".
Well the original post is @PhpBB.com forum which is down.here,s a backup i had kept.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4rv994
Long Live PhpBB!

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

COD3M4ST3R-X wrote:Theirs a validated MOD for that "Topic in whos online".
No, he's looking for how to see external pages in Who is online, not actual topics instead of forums.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Yes, that is what I'm looking for. I thought there was some way to do this before, like assigning some sort of integer to a file in phpBB like it was in phpBB2, but I know that this is definitely possible.

Thanks for trying to help me there, Codemaster, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. :?