Statistics Mod

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
Locked
Halikar
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Statistics Mod

Post by Halikar »

I have just recently set up a new 3.0.4 forum and installed the Forum Statitstics 0.3.0 mod. However, I am getting a blank page instead of a statistics page. I have gone over the installation instructions, compared them to my edits, and so far everything seems correct. With the original phpBB forum down, I've been using Google cache to see if there are any solutions, and I can find several references to "blank page" issues in the discussion thread for the mod, but no mention of actual solutions other than links to other threads (which don't work since they directly link to the original forum and not to another Google cache page). If anyone is aware of this issue and it's solution, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

User avatar
COD3M4ST3R-X
Registered User
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 am
Location: Lahore,Pakistan
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

Halikar wrote:I have just recently set up a new 3.0.4 forum and installed the Forum Statitstics 0.3.0 mod. However, I am getting a blank page instead of a statistics page. I have gone over the installation instructions, compared them to my edits, and so far everything seems correct. With the original phpBB forum down, I've been using Google cache to see if there are any solutions, and I can find several references to "blank page" issues in the discussion thread for the mod, but no mention of actual solutions other than links to other threads (which don't work since they directly link to the original forum and not to another Google cache page). If anyone is aware of this issue and it's solution, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
Check the Language Edits for that mod. :D
Image
Long Live PhpBB!

User avatar
darcie
Community Team
Community Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Davis, California
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by darcie »

Moved to MOD Support forum.

What program are you using to make the edits? Make sure that you are using a plain text editor that saves in UTF-8 with no BOM.

Halikar
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by Halikar »

I am currently using Notepad++ for my edits. I've used it on other mod installations for other phpBB forums, but this is the first time I've tried the Forum Statistics mod.

I've also figured it was somewhere in the language files since that seems to be a common statement in the Google cache archives, but other than comparing my edits to what the mod asks me to make (and finding they match), I'm not sure what to look for in any of the language file edits.

User avatar
darcie
Community Team
Community Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Davis, California
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by darcie »

Gah, that MOD hasn't been updated for over a year! Not sure why you'd consider using something that outdated... :? There is a cached page that is second to last in that topic that has a number of fixes.

Halikar
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by Halikar »

Yup, I know this is an old mod. My client wishes a statistics page for the forums, and so far as I can tell, the only options are one for phpBB2 and this one. If there's another one that's been updated more recently and is confirmed to work with 3.0.4, great, I'd love to have it. :D

idiotnesia
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:46 am

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by idiotnesia »

This is a great mod though unfortunately the author seems to abandon it for quite a long time.
idiotnesia wuz here

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Milano (I) Frankfurt (D)
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by 3Di »

idiotnesia wrote:This is a great mod though unfortunately the author seems to abandon it for quite a long time.
have you got an external link where to d/l the latest version of this? I would like to read it.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Halikar
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by Halikar »

It is still available at it's own link, but as it stands by itself it is not compatible with phpBB 3.0.2 or later. I am still trying to see if I can get this to work with 3.0.4 or not (or if there is an alternative, switching).

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Milano (I) Frankfurt (D)
Contact:

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by 3Di »

Halikar wrote:It is still available at it's own link, but as it stands by itself it is not compatible with phpBB 3.0.2 or later. I am still trying to see if I can get this to work with 3.0.4 or not (or if there is an alternative, switching).
let me see what I can do about.. downloading. further details, if any, at my demo-board.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Locked