RSS

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
bob175

RSS

Post by bob175 »

Hi all,
It was recommend I post this question in this forum.

The front page of my website which is a shtml page has alot of RSS feeds in it - some to news feeds, some to blogs, and display on the front of my shtml page. I use a rss aggregator to embed them.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to take my front page from shtml, to a php page and have it pass the phpbb3 session to the front, so I created a blank template .php page that works and passes the phpbb3 session fine.

I then thought all I had to do, was to take all the html from my shtml page and pasted into the php template and put it up.

My problem: none of the RSS feeds now work on this new php page. Why is it not able to process all these RSS feeds?

How do you put a php include statement into a php page, or it is PHPBB not processing it?
Thanks!

bob175

Re: RSS

Post by bob175 »

Working through this, I was finally able to get a file to "include" into my page that resides in the template directory (so I can pass through phpbb sessions to my main index page).

I used a tag like this:

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDEPHP ././././rssfeeds/news.php -->

The news feed now shows, but............

One NEW problem now - is PHPBB limited on the number of php includes it can perform? Because I can only get two feeds to show on a page at a time - soon as I add a 3rd, one of the others stops functioning. Is there a command to make as many includes as I want work all at the same time? Shouldn't I be able to put
<!-- INCLUDEPHP ././././rssfeeds/news1.php -->
<!-- INCLUDEPHP ././././rssfeeds/news2.php -->
<!-- INCLUDEPHP ././././rssfeeds/news3.php -->
and have all 3 show? Only two will at a time.