Need help with Dirtyboard2.0 style

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
jmalcodray

Need help with Dirtyboard2.0 style

Post by jmalcodray »

Couple of questions I need assistance with:

1. Trying to insert my logo in site_logo in this style's imageset and it isn't displaying. I load it correctly from ACP and it accpets, even clear cache to be safe, but old logo continues to appear. (http://www.igotissues.com/forum).

2. Also, the author has a COM image in the lower-right corner that re-directs visitors to his design site. I'd like to remove it, or remove the link at the very least but not sure where to look and how to get that done.

Any idea on either of these two questions?

thanks,

Joe
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

oddfish

Re: Need help with Dirtyboard2.0 style

Post by oddfish »

the default logo is site_logo.png (in the theme/images folder) so either change the extension to png or ...
edit colours.css:

Code: Select all

#logo {
	background: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/site_logo.png") no-repeat;
to reflect you image extension... and refresh your imageset once done.
You will find #logo in the common.css that holds the height and other goodies that you might need to adjust to your image - again, refresh your imageset (and overall_header cache file).

As far as removing the link to his site from the COM image, I'll not explain that as I consider it part of his template - I left it on my site in respect to his design.

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

Thanks for the tip Oddfish, makes sense -- but still doesn't display my site_log.png file. Cleared cache and the default logo graphic still appears.

Any other thoughts??

Thank you.
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

purging the cache will clear the template files but make sure you have refreshed your board imageset and your browser cache also.

I have done a quick change on my site to show. - do you have a url I can look at please?

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

Sorry I'm getting back to you so late, the site is http://www.igotissues.com/forum.

Thank you,
Joe
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

your logo should be called small_logo.gif in the theme/images folder - that's the one shown as Deal Corp? - sorry I thought you were meaning the main banner.

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

Oddfish -- you had it right the first time -- the example on your board is exactly what I'm looking to change, the main logo in the header. (nicely done BTW.) Of course you helped me understand small_logo.gif, which I'll address later.

I did just stumble across how to fix the problem I was having -- I was addressing site_logo in the imageset folder, but there is also one in the theme folder. I wasn't aware that it appears in two spots and was only changing one.

Greatly appreciate you sticking with me on this.... you're not an odd person at all, but you're quite the Oddfish.

Cheers.

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

glad you got that sorted and thanks :D - yes site_logo in imageset will be from default (i.e. the phpbb logo here in the header).
oddfish wrote:the default logo is site_logo.png (in the theme/images folder) so either ...
8-)