Style do not keep changes made

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
nina-nina

Style do not keep changes made

Post by nina-nina » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:34 pm

I choose a basic style for my forum and made a lot of color changes. Disconnected from the forum and when I went back, all the changes were gone. I typed Ctrl + F5 and the changes came back.
How can I make my changes permanent so that when I (or a member)enter the forum see the same consistency and style all the time?

ManagingMeals

Re: Style do not keep changes made

Post by ManagingMeals » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 am

ctrl f5 forces a browser to clear all cache for that page. It sounds like your page has been correctly changed but you still had a cached version.

If you would like you can completely clear your cache either through your browser or with a program like ccleaner.

Or if you wait long enough it will eventually overwrite everything in your cache for you. This is just the way things work and has nothing to do with phpbb....well almost nothing.

oddfish

Re: Style do not keep changes made

Post by oddfish » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 am

nina-nina wrote:I choose a basic style for my forum and made a lot of color changes. Disconnected from the forum and when I went back, all the changes were gone. I typed Ctrl + F5 and the changes came back.
How can I make my changes permanent so that when I (or a member)enter the forum see the same consistency and style all the time?
Did you make the colour changes in the ACP?