Ajax chat help

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
Dizee

Ajax chat help

Post by Dizee »

I would so appreciate any help on this as I have been round and round in circles and really am having trouble with the sourcefoorge.net site - I think its just a bit too technical for me where I find the answers easier to undrstand from you guys :)

I am setting up a site for a chihuahua lovers group, They want a chatroom, so I downloaded and installed ajax chat going by recommendations from others on the main phpbb site. It took me ages from the sourceforge.net site to find out the necessary for making this work with my phpbb3.0.4 board and at first accidentally installed a shoutbox. I don't want a shout box. I just want a chatroom.

I did find it eventually yesterday, and got most of everything working but stopped for a break. Today I wnt to set it up so that it opens in a pop up menu and found the instructions hard to follow:

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/C ... pup+window

I understood the first part, but the second didn't make much sense:

Adjust the link to the chat using the function defined above:

<a href="chat/" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;">Chat</a> so I looked on their forum and where someonelse had a similar issue they said the code should be put <anywhere between> <body> and </body>... but I can't find that in the overall header for prosilver?? ... so I just popped it in to a gap under <div id="page-body">

and got an additional link on my page in the 'white space' under the ucp. This did however open a pop up for chat... so I figure I need to know how I got it integrated in the first place to make sure the right settings apply to the correct link :roll:

http://www.barkersnook.com/chatrooms/phpBB3/index.php (please excuse style etc. Colourisation is still in progress and I'm working on instructions)...

Thank you :)

KeithR

Re: Ajax chat help

Post by KeithR »

For the first part you need to add:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
        // <![CDATA[
            function openWindow(url,width,height,options,name) {
                width = width ? width : 800;
                height = height ? height : 600;
                options = options ? options : 'resizable=yes';
                name = name ? name : 'openWindow';
                window.open(
                    url,
                    name,
                    'screenX='+(screen.width-width)/2+',screenY='+(screen.height-height)/2+',width='+width+',height='+height+','+options
                )
            }
        // ]]>
    </script>
Above the

</head>
tag in Prosilver

For the second part I use this:

<a href="{CHAT_LINK}" title="{CHAT_TITLE}" target="_blank">{CHAT_LABEL}</a>
You may find this link useful: http://www.net4seven.de/phpbb3/forum/vi ... ?f=9&t=304