Registering interest to a hidden forum

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
DragonMasterDesign

Registering interest to a hidden forum

Post by DragonMasterDesign »

I am creating a forum site which has a general access area and then several hidden forums that are only accessable with approval. Is there any way that a user can register to the site, and also indicate that they need access to one or more hidden areas or assigning to a specific group? At present the only way that I have found is for the user to register, and then send a PM to the administrator to have them updated...

I am currently requesting full interaction with the admin to complete registration.

Regards,

DMD

Eelke

Re: Registering interest to a hidden forum

Post by Eelke »

I suggest you work with user groups. If you want people to get approval, make it so they can apply for membership to the group, but a group leader needs to approve it. If it's just a matter of giving people access as soon as they request it, you can also make a user group open, so that people can join it without approval.

DragonMasterDesign

Yep, that's the sort of thing I'm after, it's just I'm confused as to how to set up the group membership request, but I will continue reading the manual in the meantime... :)

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

When you create the usergroup, make its group type "Request"

DragonMasterDesign

That fixed it - I just had difficulties getting my head around the concept of user groups. Working a treat - apart from when I removed admin rights from my user inadvertantly and was unable to access the admin control panel... :oops: got it working again though.. :)