Adding HTML Code to overall header

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
JohninLA

Adding HTML Code to overall header

Post by JohninLA »

I am trying to place a small ad/icon in the header, similar to the header used here, above. I want to place the icon at the same location as the the phpbb logo, same location, but on the right side.

Can someone help me with placing the html coding I have in the proper location? I've tried, refreshed my cache, and it's still not showing up. I was able to place it at the bottom center, but it's not that visible down there.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.

oXo

Re: Adding HTML Code to overall header

Post by oXo »

Please post the screenshot where you want to locate the icon ad

JohninLA

Post by JohninLA »

OK, this is where I would like it, on the lower right side. I changed from the center, to the lower right side of the header. Thanks.
Attachments
phpbb adbox.jpg
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

The code is located in <your style>/template/overall_header.html. Editing that should be pretty self-explanatory if you know some HTML. After making your changes, don't forget to clear the board's cache (e.g. by clicking the button on the ACP main page).

JohninLA

Post by JohninLA »

Eelke wrote:The code is located in <your style>/template/overall_header.html. Editing that should be pretty self-explanatory if you know some HTML. After making your changes, don't forget to clear the board's cache (e.g. by clicking the button on the ACP main page).
Thanks, but that's what I can't seem to get right. I'm trying to place it in the header, and no matter what I tried, it kept placing it above the header, above my current logo. I'm not totally up on html language, but I have the code for the ad, but just not sure how to incorporate into the header so it places it where I want it.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Alright. Well, this board is not really for HTML help, although someone may be inclined to help you. I would suggest you also try and look for HTML resources, though. Good luck.

oXo

Post by oXo »

Sorry I have slow connection today... something wrong with my ISP
Post the Ad code and we will see what we can do about it.

JohninLA

Post by JohninLA »

Thank you, but I think I have it. I've been playing with it, and I have it close to where I want it. I'll post back if I still can't get it. Thanks again.