Account approval help needed

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Cheryl AAR

Account approval help needed

Post by Cheryl AAR »

The Forums I am moderating got dumped on me a couple of months ago and I've been using the phpbb tutorials and userguides to get me through what I need to do. I'm not quite a techno-twinkie, but I could be called a ho-ho. I'm ready to pass these forums off to someone else but since the userguides are gone due to the attack, I'm at a loss to figure out how to switch the account activations.

Our forums require registration and all new user accounts come to my personal email for me to vet and activate. How do I switch out my email address for someone else's to approve and activate? I see nothing on my Admin panel to help - I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just not seeing it. Can someone help out a ho-ho?

Thanks.

Cheryl
pmbinky

Re: Account approval help needed

Post by pmbinky »

Got to the ACP (Administrator Control Panel) and from the "General" tab select "E-mail settings" under "Client communication" on the left side. Change the email addresses as needed.
blessings,
Tony <><
Cheryl AAR

Post by Cheryl AAR »

pmbinky wrote:Got to the ACP (Administrator Control Panel) and from the "General" tab select "E-mail settings" under "Client communication" on the left side. Change the email addresses as needed.
Thanks for the quick reply, Tony. However, I don't have anything that says "email settings" or "client communication." Here is what my ACP looks like:

Administration:
Admin Index
Forum Index
Preview Forum

Forum Admin:
Management
Permissions
Pruning

General Admin:
Backup Database
Configuration
Mass Email
Restore Database
Smilies
Word Censors

Group Admin:
Management
Permissions

Styles Admin:
Add
Create
Export
Management

User Admin:
Ban Control
Disallow names
Management
Permissions
Ranks

I'm using version 2.0.22 if that makes a difference.

Cheryl
pmbinky

Post by pmbinky »

Ooooo. My version 2 knowledge is a bit rusty since that was a while ago. Maybe "Forum Admin" -> "Management" or
"General Admin" -> "Configuration" ?
blessings,
Tony <><
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

The activation mail goes to every admin account and uses the address in the account profile.

To change that you would need a MOD.

However, support for phpBB2 ended on Jan 1st 2009 so you will have to seek support elsewhere. Try google.
We strongly advise people to update to phpBB3.
Cheryl AAR

Post by Cheryl AAR »

Thank you for the help. I think I've worked out that the emails are being forwarded from our server host, rather than through phpbb. At least that's the track I'm working on now.

Any idea when the phpbb userguides and tutorials will be up and running again? I could sure use them for little things like deleting old moderators and adding new ones while I'm transferring my boards over to someone else...

Cheryl