Time & Date issues after upgrading to 3.0.4

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
bolverk
I've been banned

Re: Time & Date issues after upgrading to 3.0.4

Post by bolverk »

My best advice is to not use the Automatic updates process, especially the "this upgrade I chose to merge the files with conflicts and use the merged file" option as I have seen dozens of users with disastrous results. As you have now personally experienced. If you have modified any of the original source code or the css and templates for style changes I always recommend updating manually by using the changed files only package, checking the files against your modified ones using a free DIFF tool and merging the files yourself. It's not really as hard or time consuming as others make it sound. ;) Feel free to PM me for assistance.

pmbinky

Post by pmbinky »

Coolzero wrote:Thanks for your input though.

Bit worried if I should even try upgrading to 3.0.4 again...course in the ACP>System, it thinks I already have 3.0.4
which not all files are now. WIll that hurt anything?

Also, when trying to get it to stop saying "1 hour ago", I did reset the board start date....can I change that back to the orginal date somehow?
When I upgraded my version to 3.0.4 I got it all jacked up using the automatic script and in order to get it straight I submitted this:
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=30801

However, I did not have any MODS at the time so I wasn't worried about overwriting files. I just kept the config file, blew everything else away, and followed the steps from the link in that thread. No problems whatsoever.

If you've got a bunch of MODS in there, you might want to start another thread requesting help with the upgrade.
blessings,
Tony <><

Coolzero

Post by Coolzero »

Going to 3.03, I jsut had it overwrite what the files and just reinstalled all the mods after that.
Didn't feel like it this time, so told it to merge (using the last choice whatever that is I've forgotten).
I don't have a bunch of mods, but didn't feel like reinstalling them, guess that might have been worth it though...lol.

Coolzero

Post by Coolzero »

bolverk wrote:My best advice is to not use the Automatic updates process, especially the "this upgrade I chose to merge the files with conflicts and use the merged file" option as I have seen dozens of users with disastrous results. As you have now personally experienced. If you have modified any of the original source code or the css and templates for style changes I always recommend updating manually by using the changed files only package, checking the files against your modified ones using a free DIFF tool and merging the files yourself. It's not really as hard or time consuming as others make it sound. ;) Feel free to PM me for assistance.
Ok, so just was is a DIFF tool, never heard of that.
Which would be easier, reinstalling the mods or editing the files for the manual update?