Can't login ... but only from ONE computer

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
worx

Re: Can't login ... but only from ONE computer

Post by worx »

My 'Cookie domain' is set to my website name (minus the http://), and always has been. Is the 'Cookie name' significant? Might there be some advantage to changing it?
Last edited by worx on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zip7000

Re: Can't login to this forum... but only from FIREFOX

Post by zip7000 »

We have been having similar problems logging into THIS forum with Firefox.

We log in, and get the "successfully logged in" message, and see our "user name" with "log out" on the upper right hand corner and then it redirects to "previous page" and bounces "logs us out".

At first I thought it might be an IP problem, but it happend from two different counties (I was somewhere else this weekend), I cleared cookies and deleted all board cookies and that still didn't help.

I'm thinking that there may be something in the most recent version of Firefox (which just updated in my computer) that is messing up the log in...

Would love to have it fixed since it is my browser of choice!

Drakkim

Re: Can't login ... but only from ONE computer

Post by Drakkim »

I've had this problem before and solved it by clearing the browser cache as well... Also, I know that Firefox can block specific sites from setting cookies and used to (I don't know about now) automatically add a domain to the list if you deleted all the cookies from that site... In Firefox 3, those options are in Tools / Options / Privacy / Exceptions. I know the main post was for IE, but someone mentioned firefox...